If you're considering acupuncture for the first time, you probably have questions: Does it hurt? How does it work? What should I expect? You're not alone — these are the most common questions we hear from new patients at Yi Acupuncture. This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to know, so you can feel confident and relaxed before your first visit. 如果您是第一次考虑针灸,可能会有很多疑问:会疼吗?怎么起作用的?应该期待什么?您并不孤单——这些是我们在易针灸最常听到的新患者问题。这份全面指南将带您了解所有需要知道的内容,让您在首次就诊前感到自信和放松。
What is Acupuncture? 什么是针灸?
Acupuncture is a 3,000-year-old healing practice rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It works by inserting very thin, sterile needles into specific points on the body called "acupuncture points" or "acupoints." These points lie along pathways called meridians, through which vital energy (Qi) flows. 针灸是一种根植于中医药的3000年古老疗法。它通过在身体特定的"穴位"上插入极细的无菌针来发挥作用。这些穴位位于称为经络的通道上,生命能量(气)通过这些通道流动。
When Qi becomes blocked or imbalanced — due to stress, illness, injury, or lifestyle factors — symptoms appear. Acupuncture restores the smooth flow of Qi, activating the body's natural healing mechanisms. Modern research has confirmed that acupuncture: 当气因压力、疾病、损伤或生活方式因素而受阻或失衡时,症状就会出现。针灸恢复气的顺畅流通,激活身体的自然愈合机制。现代研究已确认针灸可以:
- Releases endorphins (your body's natural painkillers)释放内啡肽(身体天然的止痛物质)
- Reduces inflammation and promotes blood circulation减少炎症并促进血液循环
- Regulates the nervous system (activates the parasympathetic "rest and digest" response)调节神经系统(激活副交感神经的"休息与消化"反应)
- Modulates neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine调节血清素和多巴胺等神经递质
- Strengthens immune function增强免疫功能
Before Your Appointment: How to Prepare 就诊前:如何准备
A little preparation goes a long way in ensuring a positive first experience: 简单的准备可以大大确保良好的首次体验:
- Eat a light meal适量进食
Have a light snack or meal 1-2 hours before. Avoid coming on an empty stomach, as this can cause lightheadedness during treatment.提前1-2小时吃点清淡的食物。避免空腹前来,因为治疗过程中可能会头晕。
- Stay hydrated补充水分
Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Proper hydration helps your body respond better to treatment.全天多喝水。充足的水分有助于身体更好地响应治疗。
- Wear comfortable clothing穿舒适衣物
Choose loose-fitting clothes that can easily roll up past elbows and knees. Acupuncture points are often on the arms, legs, and abdomen.选择可以轻松卷到肘部和膝盖以上的宽松衣物。穴位通常在手臂、腿部和腹部。
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol避免咖啡因和酒精
These can alter your pulse and affect your TCM diagnosis. If possible, skip that extra coffee on treatment day.它们会改变脉象并影响中医诊断。如可能,治疗当天少喝咖啡。
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early提前10-15分钟到达
You'll need time to fill out intake paperwork covering your health history and current concerns.您需要时间填写包含健康历史和当前问题的登记表。
What Happens During Your First Visit 首次就诊流程
Your initial consultation at Yi Acupuncture lasts 75-90 minutes and includes several key steps: 在易针灸的初次咨询持续75-90分钟,包括以下几个关键步骤:
1. Health History Review 1. 健康历史回顾
Dr. Yi will review your intake form and ask detailed questions about your chief complaint, medical history, sleep patterns, digestion, emotional health, and lifestyle. In TCM, everything is connected — a digestive issue might be related to stress, and headaches might trace back to neck tension or hormonal patterns. 易医师会审查您的登记表,并详细询问您的主要症状、病史、睡眠模式、消化、情绪健康和生活方式。在中医中,一切都是相互关联的——消化问题可能与压力有关,头痛可能追溯到颈部紧张或激素模式。
2. TCM Diagnostic Assessment 2. 中医诊断评估
Dr. Yi will perform traditional diagnostic methods unique to Chinese medicine: 易医师会执行中医特有的传统诊断方法:
- Pulse Diagnosis脉诊
By feeling your pulse at both wrists, she can assess the state of your internal organs and energy flow. TCM pulse diagnosis identifies 28+ pulse qualities — far more nuanced than simply counting beats.通过感触双手腕脉搏,可以评估您内脏器官的状态和能量流动。中医脉诊可辨别28种以上脉象——远比简单计算心跳更为细致。
- Tongue Diagnosis舌诊
The tongue is a map of your body's internal health. Its color, coating, shape, and moisture level reveal important information about your constitution and current health state.舌头是身体内部健康的地图。它的颜色、苔质、形状和湿度揭示了关于您体质和当前健康状态的重要信息。
3. Your Personalized Treatment 3. 个性化治疗
Based on her assessment, Dr. Yi will select specific acupuncture points tailored to your condition. Here's what happens: 根据评估结果,易医师会选择针对您病情的特定穴位。以下是治疗过程:
- You'll lie comfortably on a padded treatment table, face up or face down depending on the point locations.您将舒适地躺在有垫的治疗床上,根据穴位位置仰卧或俯卧。
- Hair-thin, sterile, single-use needles are gently inserted at selected acupoints. You may feel a brief tingling, warmth, or dull ache — this is called "De Qi" and indicates the treatment is activating.发丝般细的无菌一次性针灸针被轻柔地插入选定穴位。您可能感到短暂的刺痛、温暖或钝痛——这被称为"得气",表明治疗正在发挥作用。
- The needles remain in place for 20-30 minutes while you rest. Many patients enter a deeply relaxed state often called "acu-nap."针留置20-30分钟,您可以休息。许多患者会进入一种被称为"针灸小睡"的深度放松状态。
- Dr. Yi may also incorporate cupping, moxibustion, or gua sha if clinically indicated — at no extra charge.如果临床需要,易医师还可能使用拔罐、艾灸或刮痧——不额外收费。
After Your Treatment: What to Expect 治疗后:注意事项
Most patients feel deeply relaxed — sometimes even euphoric — after their first acupuncture session. Here are some tips for maximizing your results: 大多数患者在首次针灸后感到非常放松——有时甚至感到愉悦。以下是一些最大化治疗效果的建议:
- Drink plenty of water多喝水
Hydration helps flush toxins and supports the healing process.补充水分有助于排出毒素并支持愈合过程。
- Rest when possible适当休息
Your body is healing. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment.身体正在愈合。治疗后24小时内避免剧烈运动。
- Note any changes记录变化
You may notice changes in sleep, energy, mood, or pain levels over the next few days. Keep a brief journal to share with Dr. Yi at your follow-up.接下来几天您可能注意到睡眠、精力、情绪或疼痛水平的变化。做简要记录,以便在复诊时与易医师分享。
- Eat nourishing food营养饮食
Choose warm, easily digestible meals. Avoid heavy, greasy, or cold foods immediately after treatment.选择温暖、易消化的食物。治疗后立即避免油腻、寒凉的食物。
Your Treatment Plan: What Comes Next 治疗计划:后续安排
Acupuncture is most effective as a series of treatments, not a one-time session. Think of it like physical therapy or exercise — consistency creates lasting results. Here's a general guideline: 针灸作为系列治疗最为有效,而非一次性治疗。就像物理治疗或运动一样——坚持才能产生持久效果。以下是一般指南:
Acute conditions急性病症 (recent onset, under 3 months): 1-2 sessions per week for 3-6 weeks.(近期发作,3个月以内):每周1-2次,持续3-6周。
Chronic conditions慢性病症 (long-standing, over 3 months): 1-2 sessions per week for 8-12 weeks, then taper.(长期存在,3个月以上):每周1-2次,持续8-12周,然后逐渐减少。
Maintenance/wellness保养/养生: Monthly or seasonal sessions to maintain balance and prevent recurrence.:每月或每季度一次,维持平衡并预防复发。
Dr. Yi will create a personalized treatment plan during your first visit, including the recommended frequency, expected timeline, and any complementary therapies (herbal medicine, dietary changes) that may enhance your results. 易医师将在首次就诊时为您制定个性化治疗方案,包括建议的频率、预期时间表,以及可能增强治疗效果的辅助疗法(中药、饮食调整)。
Ready to Experience Acupuncture? 准备好体验针灸了吗?
Book your initial consultation with Dr. Qing Yi today. Your path to natural healing starts here. 今天就预约易清医师的初次咨询。您的自然疗愈之路从这里开始。